23.75 inches, 12.75 pounds
0-3 months and 3 months clothing. Size 1 diapers.
This month Scottie started to put herself on a schedule but it definitely still fluctuates from day to day. Some days she wakes up at 5am for a feeding and goes back down until 7:30-8am and other days she’s up for the day between 6:30-7am. She generally takes a 45 minute to an hour nap in the morning around 9-10am depending on when she wakes up. Around 1pm she goes down for her big nap of the day and usually wakes up between 3-4pm. She takes one more 30 to 45 minute nap around 5:30-6pm and goes down for the night at 8pm.
Taking baths is still her favorite thing ever aside from eating. She also loves listening to music (especially when mom and dad sing along), kicking on her piano gym, smiling, sticking out her tongue, sucking on her hands, and going outside.
Getting her diaper/outfits changed and getting into her carseat.
Her swing! This is definitely progress from last month when she absolutely hated it, lol. She’s also still a little unsure about tummy time but is liking (or sometimes just tolerating) it for longer periods of time each day.
Products we love:
- Fisher-Price Kick and Play Piano Gym: This is Scottie’s favorite thing ever! She loves kicking on the piano keys and looking at the toys and herself in the mirror.
- Tiny Love Super Mat: Scottie absolutely loves to just lay out and stretch. She’s not really a fan of us sitting down and holding her unless she’s eating or sleeping and we’ve noticed she seems a lot happier when she’s able to stretch out. We love this mat because it has lots of bright colors and attachable toys and a mirror to keep her entertained. It’s great for tummy time and also big enough for me to lay on with her. It’s also machine washable! I’ve washed it a few times and it’s held up great with each wash.
- Bright Starts Jungle Blooms Bouncer: This bouncer has been a lifesaver, especially when Colton and I are trying to eat dinner. The evenings are when Scottie tends to be a little more fussy but she’s usually pretty content sitting in the bouncer for 15-20 minutes while we eat.
- Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes Musical Toy: My mother-in-law brought this in the car with us one day and said Scottie didn’t take her eyes off of it for the entire 15 minute drive! She was completely transfixed by the lights and music. Car rides are very touch and go, so anything to help is a win in my book! It now stays in our diaper bag so we don’t forget to bring it with us whenever we go somewhere.
- Baby Connect App: I forgot to mention this in her one month update but this app has been super helpful since the day she was born! We’re able to track all of her feedings, diaper changes, and sleep patterns with it.
Highlights from this month:
- Scottie asked her Aunt Makie (my sister) and Uncle Luke to be her Godparents. We’re looking forward to her baptism next month!
- We celebrated 4th of July with family and friends at my sister’s house. It was so fun to experience a holiday with Scottie! I definitely don’t want to rush time, but it has me so excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- My mother-in-law came down from South Dakota to spend two weeks with us. She was such a huge help and Scottie loved all the one-on-one time with her Grandma Char!