I can’t believe how quickly time has flown by and that Sawyer is already a month old! It’s totally true that it goes by even quicker with your second child. In honor of National Breastfeeding Month, I’ve partnered with Walmart to share all of my breastfeeding must-haves. Walmart is having deals on several breastfeeding items including covers and nipple creams as well as on feeding items including bottles and breast pumps. Whether you are breastfeeding, formula feeding, bottle feeding, or doing a combination of the three, Walmart has so many great products available!
The first several weeks of breastfeeding Scottie was a big adjustment for me. I didn’t realize what a huge commitment it was and how uncomfortable it would be while my nipples got used to it. I felt much more prepared with Sawyer and found that my healing time was much quicker thanks to what I learned from the first time around and a few very helpful products from Walmart. I’m sharing all of my favorites and why I love them below!
- Boppy Original Nursing Pillow and Positioner: The Boppy is definitely at the top of my list when it comes to breastfeeding must-haves! It makes nursing much more comfortable, especially those first several months when your baby needs extra support. I would also recommend it if you’re bottle feeding because it just makes holding your baby for longer periods of time much more comfortable. My husband always asks to use it when he’s holding or feeding Sawyer.
- Lansinoh Soothies Gel Nursing Pads: These were such a lifesaver when I got home from the hospital and my nipples were sore from adjusting to breastfeeding. I’d leave them in the fridge and put them on whenever I wasn’t nursing for a cooling effect.
- Lansinoh Stay Dry Disposable Nursing Pads: During the first few weeks as my nipples were getting used to breastfeeding again, I used disposable nursing pads and applied Medela Tender Care Lanolin to them when I wasn’t using the Lansinoh Soothies Gel Nursing Pads.
- Medela Tender Care Lanolin: A sweet friend sent me a postpartum care package that included this lanolin. I used a different one with Scottie and definitely preferred this one! It was super moisturizing and really helped my nipples from cracking too much in the beginning. I always put the disposable nursing pads on after applying it so it wouldn’t stain my clothes.
- Loving Moments by Leading Lady Washable Nursing Pads: Once we got into a good breastfeeding routine and I stopped using lanolin regularly on my nipples, I switched to washable nursing pads. I find them to be more comfortable than the disposable ones.
- Boon Lawn Countertop Drying Rack: If you plan on pumping and/or bottle feeding, you’ll love this drying rack! It’s so easy to dry all of the little parts and accessories from the breast pump and bottles and it’s not an eyesore in the kitchen.
- Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags: These breast milk storage bags are great if you plan on pumping. I used them with Scottie and am using them again with Sawyer and have never had any issues with them leaking. Tip: When freezing your milk, lay the bag flat so that the milk takes up less space in the freezer!
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Baby Bottles: We had the hardest time getting Scottie to take a bottle until we started using these. It took us three months and trying several different brands before we discovered Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottles and she instantly took the bottle. We gave Sawyer her first bottle two weeks ago and she did great and has continued to take these bottles. It’s been such a relief for me!
- Spectra Baby USA S2 Breast Pump: I absolutely love this breast pump! I used the Medela Pump In Style Advanced Double Breast Pump with Scottie and really liked it as well. I decided to try the Spectra this time around after seeing so many great reviews and am really happy with it. It’s quieter and more gentle on my nipples while producing milk just as quickly.
- TAL 64 Ounce Stainless Steel Insulated Ranger Tumbler: Breastfeeding makes me constantly thirsty and drinking lots of water helps with my supply. I love having an insulated tumbler so my water stays cold and I recommend getting a big one so you’re not having to refill it several times throughout the day.
- Loving Moments By Leading Lady Wirefree Nursing & Hands Free Breast Pump Bra: I just discovered this bra and love it! It’s a nursing bra and pumping bra in one so you don’t have to change into a pumping bra every time you pump. It’s so much more convenient when you’re out and about and need to pump.
- Loving Moments by Leading Lady Nursing Cami with Shelf Bra: I made sure to purchase nursing friendly pajamas and loungewear when I was pregnant with Scottie but once she arrived I quickly realized I didn’t have very many breastfeeding friendly clothes to go out of the house in. I found the best way to not have to spend a lot of money on nursing clothes was to stock up on nursing camis. I layer them under a cardigan (as seen in these photos) during the cooler months and wear them by themselves during the summer. You can easily come up with several different outfit combinations with a few different colored cardigans and nursing camis. I love this cardigan which is under $20 and comes in four pretty fall colors.
- Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump: This is another new item to me that has been such a help this time around! I was able to store several bags of milk before I even started pumping with my regular pump! With the Haakaa, you just suction it while nursing on the other breast and it collects all of your let down milk. It’s also great to take with you on the go when you don’t want to bring your regular pump. My favorite thing about it is that it’s just one piece so it’s super quick and easy to wash and convenient to take with you on the go.